Monday, November 9, 2009

Feature: Ernest Williamson III Day 2


The Impatient Lover


I don't know you
even though the rain stopped last night
and melded with the dew of the morning
like love
unlike love
it's still an unknown variable
lying in wicked
contortions
twigs
with hints
of fading green
moss
delightful to see
but love
definitely
more than
one time
a few days ago
earlier today.....

© Ernest Williamson III

**** **** **** ****

Q&A

Q: When did you start painting?

A: I began painting at the age of 19; however, my 2nd grade art teacher recently told me that I always had talent. I didn’t see it! When I was 12, I drew a picture entitled “Filling His Shoes”. The painting was about how difficult it would be to fill Magic Johnson’s shoes after he retired from the game of basketball. I appreciated it, but one of my classmates couldn’t even make sense of the drawing, and he laughed at it.

Q: Does your painting influence your writing or does your writing influence your painting?

A: No and No.

**** **** **** ****



A Lady of Preparation © Ernest Williamson III

No comments:

Post a Comment