Friday, November 13, 2009

Feature: Ernest Williamson III Day 6


Today, Afternoon & After Class


spilled along the chalk board
were your letters
hints of hemlock
stained the garrulous feud
frozen
in gray marble
beneath my feet
students were transfixed
like inward taste buds
accustomed to numbness
as whenever the teacher
uttered
words
salient expressions,
built with alacrity
smoothly
yet irregularly
along
faces
dead faces,
moved with faint pulses
for the sake of something
beyond
bland
something
captive
like Africa
today
afternoon
and after
class

© Ernest Williamson III

**** **** **** ****

Q&A

Q: How do you deal with writer's block?

A: I don’t deal with it. I don’t get writer’s block.

Q: How has poetry changed your life?

A: Poetry has revealed to me what truly makes me more than just an entity with an uncertain lifespan. Poetry reveals the pulses of mind and spirit.

Q: What advice would you give beginning poets/writers?

A: Write with a passion and DO NOT let rejection letters discourage you from writing. All writers get rejection letters.

Q: What makes your writing unique?


A: My writing is unique because I am unique. Every person is unique in terms of physicality, mentality, and spirituality.

**** **** **** ****



African American Pregnant Actuality © Ernest Williamson III

No comments:

Post a Comment